Topas Therapeutics is a biotech company that identifies and develops novel products in the areas of autoimmunity, allergies and anti-drug antibodies.
Topas is now recruiting a
Research Associate (m/f)
to join our international team in Hamburg, Germany. The research associate will contribute to our collaborative drug development projects based on the company’s nanoparticle platform to generate antigen-specific tolerance.
Your key responsibilities:
- Synthesis and surface functionalization (bioconjugation) of nanoparticles
- Development, optimization and application of various analytical methods for characterization of nanoparticles
- Preparation and reporting of results to the responsible supervisor and team
- Document accurately and timely laboratory work (lab notebooks)
- General laboratory tasks, including organization and maintenance of equipment, chemicals and consumables
Your ideal qualification:
- Successfully completed an apprenticeship as “Chemisch-technischer Assistent” (CTA); alternatively, a bachelor’s or master’s degree in the field of Chemistry or Biochemistry
- Experience in nanoparticle synthesis (e.g. polymeric micelles, nanogels, lipid nanoparticles, SPIONs) and their characterization
- Knowledge of bioconjugation techniques
- Hands-on experience in as many as possible of the following techniques: Tangential Flow Filtration (TFF), gel electrophoresis, particle size analysis (DLS), SEC, HPLC, GC, FT-IR, UV-Vis and fluorescence spectroscopy, AAS, TEM and ICP-OES
- Punctual, reliable, efficient, and with attention to detail
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work successfully under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent team spirit and communication skills
- English communication skills
- Good experience in MS-office
Topas Therapeutics offers excellent opportunities for your career development, working in an exciting, dynamic and innovative scientific environment.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume, including all relevant certificates and a cover letter in English, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about Topas Therapeutics, please visit our website topas-therapeutics.com