Topas Therapeutics GmbH (Topas) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing therapeutics to address areas of major unmet need, including autoimmune diseases, allergies, and anti-drug immune responses. Topas’ technology platform induces antigen-specific immune tolerance by utilizing the liver’s natural immunology capabilities, targeting liver sinusoidal endothelial cells (LSECs), which generate tolerance against bloodborne antigens.
Topas is now recruiting a
Research Assistant, (m/f/d),
with a strong technical background to join our international team in Hamburg, Germany.
Your key responsibilities:
- Execution of bench-scale experiments according to detailed protocols.
- Synthesis and surface functionalization (bioconjugation) of nanoparticles.
- Development, optimization, and application of various analytical methods for characterization of nanoparticles.
- Preparation and reporting of results to the responsible supervisor and team.
- Document accurately and timely laboratory work (lab notebooks).
- General laboratory tasks, including organization and maintenance of equipment, chemicals, and consumables.
Your ideal qualification:
- Successfully completed an apprenticeship as “Chemisch-technischer Assistent” (CTA); alternatively, a bachelor’s or master’s degree in the field of Chemistry, Material Science, Biochemistry, or related field.
- Experience in nanoparticle synthesis (e.g. polymeric micelles, nanogels, lipid nanoparticles, SPIONs) and their characterization.
- Knowledge of bioconjugation techniques.
- Hands-on experience in as many as possible of the following techniques:
Tangential Flow Filtration (TFF), gel electrophoresis, particle size analysis (DLS), SEC, HPLC, GC, FT-IR, UV-Vis and fluorescence spectroscopy, AAS, TEM and ICP-OES.
- Punctual, reliable, efficient, and with attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Fluency in English; German of advantage.
- Good experience in MS-Office.
Topas Therapeutics offers excellent opportunities for your career development, working in an exciting, dynamic and innovative scientific environment.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume, including all relevant certificates and a cover letter in English, to email@example.com.
For further information about Topas Therapeutics, please visit our website topas-therapeutics.com.
In the e-mail subject line, please indicate the position title: Research Assistant, (m/f/d), fulltime, permanent.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected will be invited for an interview.